Increase awareness and sales at three upscale restaurant locations in Tampa, Orlando and Naples.
Develop a budget conscious media campaign that will best target the affluent residential & leisure travel audience.
EXL Media is the Media Agency of Record for this client. In 2020, each restaurant location was evaluated separately & the media plan was specific to that market and their respective target audiences.
The strategies included a mix of hyper local affluent media buys targeted to residents and leisure/business travelers (when appropriate). Media buys were evaluated and selected based on reaching the specific demographic target for each market. Naples and Tampa targeted both residents and leisure/business travelers. Orlando targeted business travelers as well as leisure. The media mix varied based on these targets, market size and cost efficiency. Weekly sales data and website traffic were evaluated to optimize and determine the success of the campaign.
Digital Strategies Used
- Location Based Targeting
- Purchase Receipt Targeting
- Social Network/Social Travel Networks
- Paid Search
Print Strategies Used
- Dining publications targeted to affluent residents
- Theatre and Art publications with affluent audience
Out-of-Home Strategies Used
- Utilized digital signage at the nearby convention center (for Orlando location) to target business travelers.
- In order to maximize value, locations were selected at the concourse with the highest attendance numbers during the campaign period.
Flight Dates: January – February 2020
Media Mix: Digital, Out-of-Home and Print
Target Audiences: (varied based on location)
- Adults 35-65, household income $150k+ per year; with fine dining and foodie interests
- Business travelers within close proximity to nearby convention center
- Guests currently staying at nearby high-end hotels
- Guests with upcoming reservations for nearby high-end hotels
- In-store sales for all locations had a double-digit increase – with an average increase of 25%.
- Website traffic to the location’s website pages increased 18%.
- The campaign delivered 2.3 million impressions.
- The digital campaign delivered 40,275 website clicks.
Client name withheld due to confidentiality.