Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority
The Reno Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority, RSCVA, was established in 1959 as the Washoe County Fair and Recreation Board. The RSCVA acts as a marketing organization for the county to promote convention and tourism business.
EXL Media has been the RSCVA’s media company since 2010 and has been instrumental in the initial analysis, investigation and identification of the campaign target market and selected DMA media targets for the new branded campaign that launched in May, 2017.
EXL Media helped generate awareness of the new RSCVA “Ambition” brand in their primary visitation DMA market: San Francisco and introduced the brand to two newly identified DMA markets: Los Angeles and Seattle.
+Out of Home
+Audio (radio & digital)
Media Budget: $4.6 Million
Total Value: $6.4 million
- Increase awareness of the “Ambition” brand in primary DMA San Francisco
Introduce brand to Los Angeles and Seattle
- Increase web visits to VisitRenoTahoe.com specifically visits from the three (3) target DMA’s
- Drive conversion in the form of contest entries, newsletter signups, visitor guide requests, videos viewed and social engagements
- Increase visitation and lodging reservations
San Francisco, Los Angeles & Seattle
Out of Home 30%
Audio (radio and digital) 30%
- Overall increase in web visits YOY
- San Francisco 6.6%
- Los Angeles 435.9% – new market
- Seattle 523.7% – new market
- The percent of total visitrenotahoe.com website visits from the Los Angeles DMA grew from 4.7% in 2016 to 18.1% in 2017
- The percent of total visitrenotahoe.com website visits from the Seattle DMA grew from 1.5% in 2016 to 6.8% in 2017.
- Web visits from the Los Angeles DMA (18%) are almost equal to the San Francisco DMA (19%).
- EXL Media negotiated an additional $1.8 million in added value media
- Integration via target market engagement. The RSCVA included their influencers in the creative. Both influencers and their fans posted shots of the Out of Home on their social channels. The outdoor messaging resonated with the target market.
At least one of those in target population who recalled the campaign reported taking at least one action as a result.
Report doing at least one of the following:
- Visit the website VisitRenoTahoe.com
- Order a Reno Tahoe Visitor Planner
- Sign up for the Reno Tahoe e-newsletter
- “Like” Reno Tahoe on Facebook
- FOllow @RenoTahoe on Twitter
- Follow @RenoTahoe on Instagram
- Seek additional information on Reno Tahoe from friends or relatives who have been there
- Seek out information on Reno Tahoe from other sources